DIY Stamped Top/T-shirt

Every time I open my closet, I find this one piece of clothing that I don't use anymore or I just dislike. And last night that is exactly what happened. I found this red crop top which I rarely use and I was just tired of the plain and boring look. With exams coming around, I needed to do a really quick DIY with that top.
So, here is a 15 minute DIY. I think it is like a lot less than 15 minutes. It just basically depends on the type of your fabric and how quickly it dries.

Supplies:-
A Top/T-shirt
Acrylic Paints
Brush
Old Newspapers, Magazines or A piece of Cardboard.
Stamping Tool (The stamping tool could basically anything and everything. A glass, a container lid, so, basically anything. I used this hexagonal coaster I had at home.)



How to:-
1. Lay your t-shirt on a flat surface and place your magazine or newspaper. Make sure there are no creases and the t-shirt is clean.







2. Paint your stamping tool with acrylic paints using a brush. Make sure you paint in one direction and evenly. (No water.)






3. Start stamping. Basically, what I did was make three hexagons showing color degradation. But you can just start randomly or any other pattern.




4. Let it dry.




5. This is basically an optional step and this is what I do when I paint any piece of fabric. After the paint dries off, I iron on the reverse side (low heat). This is also written on the packaging of my paints.








I hope you guys liked the DIY and i hope you try it out. It is really easy and hardly consumes any time.
I would really like to see what you guys do.
Post it on my facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/DiaryOfADIYGeek
Tweet it to me @CallMeNiharika
Instagram it, @niharikasonavane

Thank you for reading. Go Wild Geek!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response so far.

Leave a Reply