DIY Crop Top

Crop tops are so in this season and honestly, I am a really huge fan of them. I found this old top lying around and I just thought that it would make a really good crop top and it hardly takes a few minutes to make one, so I just did it this evening.
I tried a few different designs and a few different patterns on various t-shirts and tops and would eventually post a DIY for them as well. But the one I am going to be showing you guys today is kind of asymmetrical and this one of the most common type of crop top.

Also, I thought I could just show you some ways I like to wear my crop tops.
So, here we go.

Materials:-
A top. (I bought mine from Max. Actually my sister bought it and I grabbed her's and used it for the tutorial.)
Fabric scissors. (Sharp ones.)

How To:-
1. The first and the most important step is to try on your t-shirt and mark a line on the point where you want to make a cut. This is very important because once you cut it there is no going back.
I personally don't like mine to be too short, so, I just mark a few centimeters above the waist.

2. After you have tried on the t-shirt and you are absolutely sure about the size and where you want your cut to be, lay your t-shirt down on a flat surface.

3. Now fold it sideways, so that you see half of each front and back. Double check to see if the surface is flat and there are no little folds inside.

4. Now using your fabric scissors just cut a slanting line or kind of a slope. Maybe kind of a stretched "C". You can see the cut in the image below but I suggest you to try and keep a little more curvy.

5. Stretch the fabric from below so that it rolls up and there is no threading. You could also sew on the hem to give it a finish and a store bought look. I like to keep mine the way it is because that gives it a rough and stretchy look which I absolutely love!

Now that's all that you need to make a perfect crop top. You could cut of the sleeves and turn it into a tank top or anything. Play around with the sizes and cuts.


These are some ways I like to wear my crops tops. They are just really simple.

1.This one is just really simple. Go ahead and pick a pair of shorts which go with the crop top. A perfect look for the beach.

2. This one is my personal favorite with a high waisted skirt. I really really love it. It's too casual yet too pretty. I added a jacket as well to make it look a little classy. I can never get enough of this look. It is just too good.


3. Grab a pair of jeans and that's it. You don't really need t work much on the look. Keep it simple. Sometimes simplicity works it's way out.

I really enjoyed this DIY. I hope you guys liked it as well and you all try it.

If you try it, don't forget to let me know how it goes.
Post it on my facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/DiaryOfADIYGeek?ref=hl
Tweet it to me.
@CallMeNiharika
Instagram it.
@niharikasonavane

Go Wild Geeks!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Amazing !!! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

  2. Anonymous says:

    Amazing blog! :) Where can I find fabric scissors? Are they easily available? I stay in Thane so can you lemme know where you got em from? Thanks!

  3. Fabric scissors are available pretty much everywhere. Try at some of the Stationary and Hobby Idea Stores. If you don't get the there, try at D-Mart or Haiko.

    Thank you! :)

Leave a Reply