DIY Tie Dye Leggings

Hello!
I have been doing a lot of projects with bleach and dyes recently. I have been experimenting with. Trying them on various fabrics and materials.
So, here's a very simple Tie Dye DIY with leggings. The thing I love about this DIY is that there are so many variations and the possibilities are endless.
So, let's get started.

Supplies:-
Leggings.
Liquid Bleach - 150 ml
Water - 500 ml.
Measuring Cup.
Bucket.
Elastic Bands.
Rubber Gloves.

How To:-
1.First you're going to have to select the perfect leggings. If you're doing this for the first time, you might want to try with an older pair.
After you have selected your leggings, you're going to have to decide what kind of a pattern you want and how much you want the leggings to fade. If this is the first time you're trying this just be spontaneous and go with the flow.

2.Take some elastic bands and just tying them randomly on the leggings. Here and there and possibly everywhere.
Since, I wanted a very specific pattern, I tied the elastic on an inch difference  from the top to the bottom of the leggings.
You can do it anyway you want to. There are no hard and fast rules.

3. Now, you have to make sure that you are in a well ventilated place while doing this project. Take your measuring cup and add the water and your bleach to the bucket.
Using the bleach can be quite hard on your skin. So, use rubber gloves.

4. Soak your leggings in the bleach-water mix. The time limit depends upon how strong you want your pattern to be.
Slight Color Change - 15 minutes.
Mid Tone Change - 20 to 25 minutes.
Complete Color Change - 35 to 40 minutes.
I soaked my leggings for about 25 to 30 minutes.

5. Take your leggings out. Give them a nice and clean wash. Again, this is very important because you surely don't want the bleach to react with you skin.

And Voila! You're done. So, my leggings turned out really good. My leggings were mid tone pink in color before the DIY. After the project, I got these light orange shade blending in with the pink. Basically, this turned out great.

I hope you guys liked the DIY. Try it out! :D

Go Wild My Geeks! :*

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Looks very pretty! :)

Leave a Reply